God Bless his sweet heart!

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Grab your tissues

I know some new mommies visit my blog, specifically some mother's of perfect, brand new, baby girls; so I want to give a warning right here - the story of this family will make you cry, make you thank God above for the wonderful blessing your holding, give you a new sense of what really matters, cause you to evaluate your faith and thank God for his grace.

It's ironic. I came across this blog just over a week ago. I do believe it was my second day at home with the girls alone. And it had been a challenging one. Hubby came home and decided to take babygirl with him to do some things he needed to get done. Munchkin and I were alone with some peace and quiet and I sat down in front of the computer with her curled up on my chest. I was looking for some downtime - and I found this family. I spent the next hour reading what I could see through the tears. And I was touched in so many ways.

I could relate to some of what she had been through, but not everything. They lost their second daughter in September to Trisomy-18 (or Edward's Syndrome). Copeland was born in September and God blessed this family with 8 precious days with her.

My heart aches for them, and their faith is so strong and inspiring, that I feel compelled to share them with you. I think she will touch your heart, too.

http://conorbootheandgirls.blogspot.com/

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Kari,
You won't believe this but I also stumbled to their blog not long ago. I am so thankful we have our perfect, healthy girls.

8:09 PM

 
Blogger Me said...

I found their blog a few weeks ago. It does put things into perspective doesn't it?

9:02 AM

 
Blogger Brooke (CrazyRN) said...

Wow. I really lost it when I watched the video. As a nurse I've worked with families going thru very, very difficult life challenges and it's hard every single time. As a mother, I can't bear the thought of losing my child, and I can't bear to watch other mom's go thru the heartache.

Makes me want to run to the school and give my 3 kids a huge hug and kiss.

11:20 AM

 
Blogger Bird On A Line said...

Oh dear. I'm afraid to read it! :(

5:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home