God Bless his sweet heart!

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I can't imagine

Actually, I can imagine - I just choose not to.

There was a funeral at my church on Memorial Day. A funeral for a 7 month old baby boy. I can't get it out of my head. He was put down for a nap and later found not breathing. Its been determined to be SIDS. My heart breaks.

It's horrible, it really is. And of course, being a new mother it totally freaked me out. When Delaney sleeps I find myself staring at her, watching her breathe. I find myself waking up at night and putting my hand on her to feel her chest rise and fall. It somehow makes me feel better.

B says not to worry, but how do you know it will never be you in that position? You don't. I pray every night that I will never be in that mother's shoes.

Before I became a mother, I would have still be heartbroken and sad for her and her family, but now that I'm a mother its different - I feel that mother's heart. I feel her pain, well I don't feel her pain, but I imagine her pain.

I pray for her. I hope that she knows that hearts are breaking for her and the loss of her precious son.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

I should not have read this. May God be with that family. I know how you feel.

6:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

6:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home