God Bless his sweet heart!

Friday, July 08, 2005

Lesson of the Day

Don't get liposuction - Just ask my hair stylist.

You see, my hair stylist got liposuction last week - she didn't need it in my opinion, but you know how it goes. Then lands herself a visit in the intensive care unit, yes, the ICU. It seems she got home and was recovering and started having trouble breathing. She was taken (quickly) to the hospital where they found a blood clot in her lung. I'm sure most of you know that blood clots in your lungs = bad, very BAD. I'm a licensed Respiratory Therapist, I know how bad. (Remember David Blume, the NBC reporter, passing away from a pulmonary embolisim while reporting for the war?) It could have been that bad. When they got her to the hospital she was given a 40% chance. Thank God they got her there in time and she was put on blood thinners to take care of the clots and is just now getting home to finish recovering. I'm so thankful she is okay. God was taking care of her, that is for sure!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jstar718 said...

no lipo...got it.

7:45 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

ACK! I want lipo and other things done but too chicken to ever go through with it. I;ll just work out extra hard and hope for the best :)
Glad shes going to be okay.

9:29 AM

 
Blogger {LyndsD} said...

Wow that is scary... Glad she is ok!

11:03 AM

 
Blogger Taylor said...

Phew, I bet she is scared to death! I would never has lipo done - have you seen how they do it?! UCK!

Glad to hear that she is recovering.

11:15 AM

 
Blogger Ju said...

Thanks for visiting my site! I'm so glad she got to the hospital in time. I'm glad she's doing great with her recovery!

1:29 PM

 
Blogger Casa do Carme said...

Hi Kari!
I`m a spanish girl. My name is Carme, i`m 25 years old and my english is very bad (sorry for this!)
I often read your blog and I only want to say you that you must be a very special woman.
Your baby is so prety, beatiful and happy!
I`m sure that you are and will be the best mum for her.
You must be proud not only of your family, you must be proud of you too!
I`m vry pleased to meet you and your family in your blog!

3:36 PM

 
Blogger Kari said...

Thank you Carme for your very kind words!

7:11 PM

 
Blogger Me said...

Omigosh...that is so scary! Glad she's alright!

6:20 AM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

WOW!! That is scary.

4:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home