God Bless his sweet heart!

Friday, July 01, 2005

VERY. LONG. DAY.

Oh my goodness!

Is this day ever going to end and is my baby ever going to go to sleep again? It started at 4am, well actually 2am - but she went right back to sleep after a diaper change that time. It was 4:30 a.m. when B got home from working all night to find a very crusty eye mommy and a very wide eye baby. Lucky for me he took her being that he had to leave again at 5:30 - so I was able to get a few minutes sleep. She did not go back to sleep until 6:15. Yes, she was up over 2 hours. Not crying, not upset - awake, content and LAUGHING. What in the world? My normal sleep all nighter was playing games.

I should have known from that the kind of day I was going to have. She has not fallen asleep long enough to even say she got a nap. Longest time she closed her eyes was 15 minutes when I took a very fast shower. She was pretty much miserable all day long and throwing several fits - the kind that make you want to cry, the kind that almost make you feel like your going crazy. I'm exhausted. She's exhausted. I just put her down 10 minutes ago. She is snoozing away now along with her father and here I am. Still needing to balance the check book, pay bills, make a phone call regarding a bill (that's going to have to wait til morning now), staring at the mess I made while trying to shove something called supper in my mouth.

Anyway, I'm attributing all of her actions above to a very stubborn tooth that is taking its precious time to come through.

I could use a glass of wine or something! Here is to hoping she sleeps tonight and that tomorrow is much better, it has to be! (Right?)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, sorry that you and Delaney had such a rough day. :-(

Hope that tooth pops out soon, and that you got a little glass of wine ...you do know, that WILL get her to sleep a little ;-)

9:04 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

Aww Kari, I was right there with you today. Whats up with these two. I hope she sleeps tonight and is a happier baby tomorrow. T still hasn't got that tooth i was so positive he would get at 3 months. Shows what this mommy knows.

11:05 PM

 
Blogger Taylor said...

I have been going through the same exact thing with Tristyn. She normally sleeps all night but since this tooth started coming in she would wake up and not want to go back to sleep. This happened for about a week and finally yesterday the tooth broke through the gums. So I'm guessing that she will continue on her normal sleep cycle until another tooth starts coming through.

Funny how they are going through the same exact behaviors right now!

12:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home