God Bless his sweet heart!

Monday, December 29, 2008

{thinking}

I'm thinking of archiving this blog and starting fresh in the new year. I now have a portion of my family across the world, in China. The internet and a blog is my best way to communicate with them and keep them up to date so that one day when they return to the states that I feel like they still know who we are. :) I want to be able to open up and have a place to share with everyone what's going on in our world - that means family, friends, and all of you that still come here. I'm not sure the best way to go about it... I think i'll just end up making this private and starting fresh.

I could just direct them here, I know.. but there is nearly 3 years worth of stuff here.. and for a long time I used this as a venting source. :) So I don't really think anyone needs to come read my archives. But there is so much stuff I have recorded here of the girls that I don't want to delete it either.

So ... at any rate... I 'll let you know where I decide to go. And of course that means I'll have to be a better blogger. Oh, boy!

8 Comments:

Blogger Marisa said...

I feel your pain. LOL I don't want to delete all my archives, I want to keep all my "cancer" stuff available to whoever might come across it in their time of need.

I don't know how to go about all this.

I will follow you, whatever you decide to do. :-)

2:26 PM

 
Blogger Kari said...

oh.. great. I was hoping you'd have the easy solution :)

2:35 PM

 
Blogger Taylor said...

Is there anyway you can lock your archives? If so that may be an easy solution.

You better keep me updated on whatever you decide, I've been following y'all way too long for you to take off on me! hehehe ;)

5:54 PM

 
Blogger Kari said...

I don't know Tay... i guess i need to do some searching.
Your most def. coming along.

10:40 AM

 
Blogger Rina said...

You can do what my SIL did and go private. Everyone has to long in to see your blog. It's a pain to have to sign in to read her's but I do! LOL And yes, just be a better blogger for you family! ;)

1:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do the blog book thing with this blog. marisa linked me to it back when i was having the same thoughts.

1:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kari, I hope I can still follow the happenings of you and your family!

Love, Jaime

8:54 PM

 
Blogger Kari said...

I like the blog book idea too! I think there are places too that let you pick and choose the posts that you want in the published copy. So if you just want to keep the memories on the girls, and ditch the other stuff.
I've been torn too with this. I know I would post more stuff if I went private, but honestly...I think I just can't be bothered.
If you do go private, I hope we're invited to come along.

11:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home