God Bless his sweet heart!

Friday, July 28, 2006

Vacation Recap

It's hard to believe we've been back home for nearly a week. I finally got my house clean yesterday and now since babygirl has felt the need to start dumping her apple jacks on the floor, I'm going to share our pictures. Plus, Me asked! (Who needs another vacation?? I feel I'll be screaming that in another week..)

We headed to South Florida first to visit with the hubby's family. The babygirl was spoiled rotten by her Nanny, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. We had a great visit and I fell completely in love with Miami shopping. It was great!

Babygirl started showing off for the camera. This is her saying "cheese". Of course, the more she did it, the louder everyone laughed so the more dramatic she became.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We talked the brother-in-law and sister-in-law into going the rest of the way to the Keys with us. They had originally come for the family visit and planned to go back home. Once our other couple friend and their toddler arrived early Monday morning we headed to Key West. Of course, we stopped for a Rum Runner at the famous tiki bar in Islamorada.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And, Babygirl posed with the shark...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We didn't really have any major plans for the trip. Just fun and relaxation. So once we got to Key West and checked in we went to the grocery store, to dinner, and just walked around downtown.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We spent Tuesday by the pool. That's where the day gets interesting. We all went to the pool that morning. Babygirl loves to swim. She swam her self sleepy and took a four hour nap after lunch. In the meantime, the mom's went back to the pool where we sipped on our drinks and lost track of time. We were good entertainment for everyone, I'm sure. I thought it was mighty sweet the daddies and BIL gave us all some no worries mommy time.

Dinner that night was disgusting. I didn't feel I could stomach seafood and the chicken wasn't much better.
And check this out...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We had to chase chickens from the pool. These things were a big pain in the rear. They would go so far as to steal food from you while it was going in your mouth. I wish I had a picture of that! I almost wet my pants at SIL running and throwing her bag of chips.
The babygirl enjoyed running through the sand. She always loves that!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And smiling for a picture..
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The rest of the trip was just alot of R&R. The weather could have been better. There was at least one rain storm that came through for about an hour everyday. I was disappointed the rain canceled our glass bottom boat trip on the day we were leaving. I know the babygirl would have loved that. But, we still had a wonderful time. It rained all day that day. But, we still had an awesome time.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

9 Comments:

Blogger It's a Fantastic Life said...

Cute pics! The baby girl is adorable!

8:40 AM

 
Blogger Marisa said...

What a great vacation recap. The Keys looks awesome, I hope to visit one day (the hubby and I are big fans of Florida and have been many times).

11:34 AM

 
Blogger Me said...

I am in desperate need of a vacation after seeing these!!!!!! :)

12:23 PM

 
Blogger Humor Girl said...

OMG...She's a big girl! And I love the short hair. :) I took a little blogger vacation and I missed all the excitement apparently. :)

2:42 PM

 
Blogger Czarina said...

Your little girl is so cute...like a mini-hubby, especially the eyes. *sigh*

1:43 AM

 
Blogger Me said...

Thanks for the pics and recap :)

I'll be interested in getting your input someday. I was just researching the Keys about a week ago and looking at places to stay. Probably in a year or two, we'll plan a trip down there.

9:17 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Awwwww! Looks like fun! Yeah, those chickens...gotta watch them...

9:34 PM

 
Blogger Me said...

Wow, Baby Girl looks just like her daddy!!!!

Looks like you had a great time! Cute pics!

3:52 PM

 
Blogger Steph said...

Your little girl is just adorable! It looks like a fun trip! I'd love to go there someday! That's so great that you had a wonderful time!

3:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home