God Bless his sweet heart!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Long week(s)!

It's been a long time since I just wanted to curl up and cry and last week certainly made me want to do that.



The sick babygirl turned into babygirl with a UTI. That equals misery just in case you've never experienced it with your child. On Wednesday we picked up hubby from work and headed to the doctor with her. It was awful. She wasn't letting any urine out for a sample so after about an hour and nearing closing time they decided to try to cath her. I don't really know what I was thinking when I actually let them try that. AWFUL. I have never heard her cry that way before or ever seen such desperation to be in my arms than that moment. On top of it all, they were unsuccessful. Let me tell you - I will never let them try that again unless the situation is an emergency. It broke my heart in half and then I felt such guilt for even allowing them to try. We went home and I collected a sample to return the next day. Somehow it ended up being no good and we had to sit for 4 hours until she finally gave in and they got a sample which confirmed what I already knew... a raging UTI. Poor baby.

We started antibiotics right away which she put up a major fight with every dose for the first 3 days. We tried EVERYTHING. I mean everything. She spit them out, threw them up - you name it. I might mention hubby was out of town so I was stuck with all of this alone. By Sunday, I was a raging, hormonal preggo, exhausted mom. If one more person told me to put it in her drink or just "hold her down" I was going to run over them with my car. (Okay, not really but seriously...).

Hubby got home on Monday after she and I had spent another long day at the Dr.'s waiting on a urine sample. I was never so happy to see him. She also has taken every dose with no fight at all since his return. That figures, right? Can we say daddy's girl? I'm just glad because her urine was still growing out bacteria on Monday and if not she would have been starting 3 days worth of shots which I knew wouldn't be good for her new fear of the doctor nor for my sanity!

I think we're on the mend. I've been absolutely exhausted. I don't know that I've ever felt the urge to just lie on the couch and do nothing as much as I do right now. Phew.

By the time I get her back on track - little bit will be just about to arrive.

3 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

I'm so sorry! Hoping she gets better very soon!

12:58 PM

 
Blogger Marisa said...

Glad to hear that she is on the mend. And although it must have been a huge pain to go through it all by yourself, I bet it just melts your heart when she does stuff for her daddy (of course, it still bugs the crap out of you that she won't do it for you, but still...) LOL

And I can't believe how far along you are!

12:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am so sorry sweetie! I hope she is feeling better now?? And I really hope and pray you get some rest soon before you new baby girl comes. You look great! Soon... :)

Lyndsay
www.themartintimes.com

6:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home