God Bless his sweet heart!

Monday, June 13, 2005

Family Reunions

They are routine to me, every year or two - has always been that way, probably always will. I remember them as a child and teenager and now I take my family to them. My husband and our baby.

We had one on Saturday in a very very small Georgia town. The same town my husband hunts in and his family has a second house in. So B went up Friday night, he wanted to ride his 4-wheeler with a friend some, so I met him up there Saturday morning.

It was not until getting in the truck that he said he had already eaten. I laughed and asked why. I then learned my dear 25 year old husband had never been to a family reunion!! The thought had never crossed my mind that he had no idea what to expect. Boy was he in for a surprise! He sat with some of our immediate family by the door for a while, trying to play with Delaney until he was attacked by the baby crazy aunts, uncles and cousins. It was quite an experience for him. We ate, he sat with us holding Delaney.

Needless to say, once he walked past that endless table of meats, casseroles and desserts he could not resist. He ate again. And a full stomach and a belly ache later he knew what a family reunion was all about!

It was different this time for me as well. I was not just someone's daughter, I was a mother.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that is so neat you have reunions. I wish my family did something like that. I bet your family just ate sweet Delaney up. Its neat being mommy, isn't it ;)
Misti

1:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home