God Bless his sweet heart!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Met 2 internet friends ...

I never imagined I'd ever really get to meet anyone in real life that I met online, but yesterday I did.

I got to meet up with two wonderful women that I've been in touch with for 3 years. I met them both around October, 2002. The time of my first miscarriage. They both had losses around the same time. We met on a message board that I will forever claim to be my saving grace. Without the support I found there with them and the rest of the wonderful women I've met there, (Christine, Jen, and Stephanie are some of them), I don't know that I'd ever made it through that time of my life completely sane without that message board.

The 2 I met and myself each managed to get pregnant again, and sadly each of us also lost our second pregnancies. So the process starts all over. The third pregnancy for each of us turned out to be the charm. So you can only imagine the happiness I got to feel yesterday when the 3 of us met up and enjoyed some time together with each other and our children - A toddler, the babygirl and a baby boy.

I caught myself with tears in my eyes many times. Just because we had come so far - we had felt each others pain, and now we were sharing in each others happiness.

We had to giggle when we caught ourselves talking about baby poop. I mean there was a time that each one of the 3 of us thought we'd never have an experience baby poop to even talk about. Yes, there were days I thought I'd never be a mother.

It was such an amazing day. It was like we'd known each other forever. Just imagine, a southerner, a New Yorker and a Norwegian - that was us! I'm so thankful to have had the opportunity to share a day with them and their children. I will forever remember it.

(Christine and Jen - I met Tracy and Marit!)

6 Comments:

Blogger Marisa said...

You bring tears to my eyes. *sniff*

Sounds like you had a day you'll never forget. ;-)

8:45 PM

 
Blogger Ju said...

That is awesome! I am so happy to hear that they also were able to get pregnant again and carry full term. That is really great!

9:22 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

SHUT UP! You met Tracy and Marrit! How lucky are you!!
I'm totally jealous!
Can you show me a pic, or is it on the island!
Gosh, I need to find time to go there!

8:13 PM

 
Blogger Kari said...

Yep I did !! :)

The pics are there! But I'll email you one or something if you don't have time to check there?

10:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
flagship auto loans mp3 players using compact flash memory

7:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... bondage buddy The new paris hilton video adipexdrug addiction order phentermine online in fioricet Blocker outlook share spam Impotence in marriage

11:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home