God Bless his sweet heart!

Monday, September 19, 2005

Free gas, that doesn't happen everyday

I got free gas yesterday. $10 dollars worth.

Yes, I know gas at $2.77/gallon and $10 is only about 3.something gallons, but that is 3.something gallons I didn't have to pay for.

The entire is story is just quite confusing. But apparently someone pre-paid for their gas and didn't pump it. I pulled up to that pump so when I put my card in it gave me the 10 dollars and shut off, I was confused. Started the process over and decided I'd go in and figure it out after I got the rest of my gas. Pumped. Got the babygirl out of the car, yea she was asleep until I had to lug her in her carrier inside the gas station (and you know that is so annoying.)

Waited in one of the longest gas station lines in history. Got to the counter and started to try to explain. The cashier looks at me like I'm out of mind. I could not figure out if she was just confused or if she was just confused that I actually came in offering to pay the $10 when I could have just driven off and no one would have known. I keep explaining in a different way, trying to make it make sense when the manager was on the phone talking about the $10 I was talking about, (have I lost you yet?)

So - after a little more confusing conversation, I walk out with not having to pay the $10 I owed them. She said, "I guess you got free gas." Hmmmmmmm, Okay. Now get out the door before she changes her mind right, hahaha.

Get the baby girl snapped into the car, crank up and the lady is at my window... Inquiring did I have 10 in cash. No. I came in to pay the extra with my card. She said okay, well it won't work if you use your card (the lady had called back saying she was coming to get her gas in an hour!) She thought for a minute and told me to have a nice day!

It was a great way to start my Sunday and I was just giddy because that kind of stuff just never happens to me.

6 Comments:

Blogger {LyndsD} said...

Pretty Freakin' Cool!!! Go Kari!

11:17 AM

 
Blogger Misti said...

I wouldn't mind some free gas!!
I hate lugging the carrier anywhere these days. And he always wakes when i take it out.

1:57 PM

 
Blogger momma of 2 said...

That's pretty lucky - I hope you had a great day!

3:46 PM

 
Blogger Me said...

That is awesome!!! Anything free is great!

I remember feeling on top of the world when I scored $200 in cash when I worked at a retail store. Before you say "you should have turned it in", I'll tell you that I did wait before I claimed it. I asked service desk and everyone is anyone had said they lost cash. I even waited until the next day, but no one claimed it...so it paid my rent for the month :)

5:57 PM

 
Blogger Humor Girl said...

That's great! I love free stuff!

10:47 AM

 
Blogger Ju said...

Cool. Free anything is awesome. That's weird how that lady called to say she was coming in to pump her gas in an hour, like a busy gas station was going to save that pump just for her..haha. It must have been QT. They are always busy!!

11:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home