God Bless his sweet heart!

Thursday, September 01, 2005

The snakes didn't get the memo

To stay out of my yard and neighborhood. Ugh. I'm reeeaaaaallllly afraid of snakes and they are all over our neighborhood lately.

If one more conversation with any of my neighbors begins or ends with "I just want to let you know that we killed a snake yesterday" I think it will make me lock myself and the baby girl inside for a while. Thank goodness I've not seen one yet, but from the sounds of it, our turn is next. Crap. Please don't let me see a snake. Especially when the hubby is not home. I think I'll have a heart attack.

It started last week, the hubby saw a neighbor across the street killing a snake one evening while we were outside. He didn't tell me right away because he knew I would freak out (thank you very much). Then a few days later another neighbor - one house over - told hubby that he's killed 3 on his back patio since they've lived there. They just moved in 2 weeks ago! And, he's killed 3! The last one was this morning, I was going out to check the mail and another neighbor -right next door- yelled to me. They killed one this weekend on the corner of their yard and ours. Grrreeeaaatt.

The worst of it all is they are little rattlesnakes. Hubby says they won't kill me just make me very sick. (Isn't that nice?). My Dad says they probably hatched somewhere near our house and to watch out in the garage. So between Hubby and my father they have me even more freaked out.

So of course I just called hubby after hearing this news of the latest snake sighting and what does he tell me... "Just keep the garage door shut." "It's not like they can get in the house." I then had to remind him at this time last year my best friends sister had a copperhead in her house.

Gawd. I wish no one would have even mentioned all of these snake sightings to me. I would have never thought about it. Ugh.

So...off to get moth balls to put around the exterior of the yard and house. Apparently, they are supposed to keep the snakes away, we'll see about that.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mama Duck said...

Yeah, for as much as I whine about leaving TX I DO NOT miss the possibility of running across a coral snake (which will not make you very sick, but will kill you) in my flip-flops.

Icky.

11:09 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

OMG!
I'd freak!
I'd literally stay on top of the couch or table ALLLL day! haha!
PLEASE let you not find a snake!
A RATTLE SNAKE!

12:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oi, I hate snakes. they creep me out!!

1:46 PM

 
Blogger Me said...

Since they are nasty rattlesnakes and not the 'nice' kind of snakes I'm going to ask; Isn't there a snake poisen of some kind you can put around the house or something!? ACK! How do people let their children play outside?

Wow.

6:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
» » »

11:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
» »

7:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

9:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home