God Bless his sweet heart!

Monday, August 15, 2005

First things first...

Of course, I could go on and on about how much fun we had on vacation, about how spoiled the baby girl got, how many hundreds of dollars the family spent on her, about enjoying the Florida Keys, about holding a newborn baby, about seeing thousands of rednecks, about staying in a million dollar home the gulf side of Key Largo, about the girl being a great traveler - you get the point. I'm sure I'll post about some of this soon but first I just have to tell you all.

I need to tell you what to not forget is in your garage when you take off for a 10 day vacation.

A Watermelon.

Of course, when I left last Friday I remembered to take out the trash, clean out the fridge, turn up the AC and manage to forget nothing behind except the watermelon that the hubby had set in the garage.

10 very hot days pass and we get home yesterday, I open the garage to find this...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The smell was beyond horrible, ohmygosh. The hubby and I gagged for 30 minutes. I think the neighborhood could smell it. DISGUSTING. Beyond disgusting.

The poor hubby...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So take my word for it - next trip I may forget my suitcase but there will not be a watermelon left in my garage!

9 Comments:

Blogger trisha said...

that looks disgusting..and i can only imagine the smell of rotten fruit...aauugghh...

4:36 PM

 
Blogger Me said...

Oh my...that not only looks disgusting, but sounds so disgusting! That must have smelt sooo bad!

I bet that was the last thing you expected to forget :)

Glad to have you back though!!

5:39 PM

 
Blogger Taylor said...

Ahhh you're teasing us! I wanna know about the trip and see lotsa pictures of Delaney! Wahhhh!!!!!

5:56 PM

 
Blogger Humor Girl said...

AGHGH! I know that smell!! I am trying not to throw up right now....I'm having flash backs.

12:50 AM

 
Blogger Misti said...

YIKES!! Poor hubby! I hate the smell of rotten fruit.
and you better get to posting pics of baby girl!! T is waiting!!

12:56 AM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Ewwwwwwie! Watermelon vomit!

I guess raw chicken (like that was cut off of dinner) in the garbage can would be a pretty close runner-up, hhu?

12:50 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

I cannot imagine....

2:03 PM

 
Blogger Me said...

Hi. It's me again :) I wanted to let you know my new blog addy is wethyb.blogspot :)

Hope you got your watermelon puke all cleaned up :)

3:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Land rover czesci

3:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home