God Bless his sweet heart!

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

1 year ago today -

I was sitting in that freezing cold ultrasound room, overwhelmed with excitement to about to find out the sex of the baby girl. (I already knew she was a girl and you could not have convinced me otherwise!)

I remember watching that screen with such awe as we watched her squirm, kick, twist, suck her thumb, and yawn as the tech tried to get measurements and do her exam. Hubby and my mom kept asking "Well?" But the tech was waiting until the end to confirm the news. When she said "It's a girl" the hubby smiled, my mom cried, and I said "I told you so." I must have watched that video 100 times over in the days following. So amazed everytime of the perfect little miracle God had chosen to grow inside of me.

Now today, one year later - I'm sitting staring at a beautiful 7 month old baby girl. Perfect in every way. I watch her smile, listen to her giggle, watch her grow and learn a little more every day. And with each day, I feel a little more blessed than the day before. A year changes so much.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

So gonna cry from that one. God has richly blessed you, indeed.

Your blog is still funky for me. I can read only the current entry. All other ones I have to hi-light and they appear. Happens at work and at home. Wonder why?

7:55 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

That made me cry .. what a beautiful post!!! A year ago I was still terrified that I might lose another baby and was soooo terrified .. and now I have a beautiful baby girl laying in her cradle sleeping peacefully right now. It's been an amazing year.

7:07 AM

 
Blogger Kether said...

Kari I just looked at your flickr slideshow and you have AMAZING photos! I loved them.

8:27 PM

 
Blogger Kari said...

thanks Kether! I'm going to add some of her 7 mo. pics today!

7:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... japan phone cards Harddrive data recovery Portable dvd player region code change Designer inspire handbag wholesaler Key learning point for change management Digital+video+and+photo+camera Guitar humidifier cases canon gl2 digital camcorder

1:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home