God Bless his sweet heart!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I like to think of myself as a patient person

Most of the time I am, and I think that makes life a lot easier. But, when it comes to changing the babygirl's crib sheet, I lose it all. Patience simply disappears.

The babygirl leaked out of her diaper at 4 a.m. this morning requiring me to strip her down, clean her up, change her onesie, and bring her back to my bed to sleep.

So this morning first thing I decide to strip her sheet and get her a clean one on so that when it came nap time I wouldn't have to deal with it. So, with her climbing between my legs I start the changing then...

the rail falls off.
I undo the bumper pads.
move the babygirl from under my legs.
put rail back on.
move the babygirl from under my legs.
fight with the mattress and sheet.
rail falls off.
move the babygirl from under my legs.
put rail back on.... put rail back on totally wrong.
move the babygirl from under my legs.
try to fix it.
can't fix it.
fight with it.
swear at it.
move the babygirl from under my legs.
fight with it some more.
call hubby (What's he going to do from work? Nothing. But, it made me feel better to vent to someone.)

I just gave up, hubby can deal with it when he gets home! If I touch it again I'm sure that I'll probably ruin something.

Thankfully, the babygirl went down for a nap in her pack and play without too much of a fight. Now if she'll only stay napping long enough for it to count. What are the odds? Time will tell..

7 Comments:

Blogger {LyndsD} said...

Oh good luck girl! I hated that part of cribs! Hope she sleeps well for you!

1:47 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

I don't like anything about cribs. Never have. My kids sleep/slept in a pack and play instead of a crib.Smaller,easier to change sheets and harder to climb out of *wink*
I hope it gets easier for you.

8:04 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

I HATE changing crib sheets too!
It's my least favorite thing to do!

8:52 AM

 
Blogger Ju said...

So this is what I've got to look forward to. Thanks Kari! =)

12:51 PM

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Changing crib sheets are a nightmare. Heres a tip. Put a crib shhet on mattress, put a waer proof mattress protector over it then put another crib sheet over it. Then when she has a mess in the middle of the night pull off the sheet and mattress pad and she already has a clean dry sheet on the mattress.

7:57 AM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

I think just having to put the damn bumper pads back on is a total pain in the big old but!!!

9:26 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Changing the crib can be quite the workout...obviously a male invented the crib. Just teasing...but there has to be a better way.

10:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home