God Bless his sweet heart!

Friday, November 04, 2005

It's funny how a song takes you back..

Last night I was not in the mood to cook so the hubby suggested we go out for wings. Gotta love that, right? We forgot it was Karioke night! Oh well - it makes for some interesting entertainment to say the least. The babygirl actually thinks it's pretty funny too.

One of the regulars started a song that snapped me right back to my days I spent away from home in college. I didn't realize I was singing along (right along with everyone else) until the hubby mentioned it. It brought back some smiles and some laughs. It's funny how things change.

I was away for a year. I learned alot in that year. People often ask would my life be different today if I'd stayed away longer... Maybe. Maybe not. Do I have any regrets.... No, not really. All I can say is I'm so very happy to be where I'm at right here, right now. Yes, its fun to look back, but even better to look at the present and think towards the future.

I'm so very content in these shoes.

9 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

I have to ask...what song was it?? lol. It is funny how a song can instantly take you back to somewhere you were before. But I'm with you, I'd rather look forward than back :)

9:32 PM

 
Blogger Marisa said...

I'm intrigued, too. What was the song?

I'm the type of person that thinks everything happens for reason. You make the decisions and you choose your paths, but in the end you end up right where you are supposed to be. :-)

9:23 AM

 
Blogger Kari said...

You never even call me by my name - by David Allan Coe

12:08 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

I really think Life takes us where we need to go, even though sometimes the road is less than pleasant.
The two songs that bring me right back to college life in the dorms are that one with the happy bee in the video--Blind Melon's No Rain and that stupid song, and Crash Test Dummie's song I'm gonna be.

Yeesh. Just thinking of them makes me think of playing pool in the common room of my dorms.

9:06 PM

 
Blogger Mad Munkey said...

I love the last line. It's a great summation. I'm still looking for mine, but the adventure is half the fun.

9:28 AM

 
Blogger Misti said...

funny, we both wrote about contentent.
glad you are so content.

3:27 PM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Were you a Texas Aggie!?!?!?!

After I read the song title I kinda figured just maybe.....

Anyway, yes, it's amazing how the melody and lyrics of certain songs can launch you into history...

2:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
» »

7:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site http://www.honeywell-hwm-255-humidifier.info Cumshot live showhttp www.008k.comximages2.gif Timeshare rentals on daytona beach Code simply accounting Continuous infusion nexium Dictionary email marketing Jeep grand custom parts uk affiliate programs

4:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home