God Bless his sweet heart!

Monday, November 28, 2005

Post Holiday Recap... I'm worn out.

Really, why do the holidays have to leave you this worn down. Goodness. It was one busy weekend.

We had three stops on Thursday. Lots of good food. Lots of good dessert. I don't really care to see turkey for another year. The pumpkin cheesecake was a success...yummy. I left what was left at the last stop of the day so they could finish it off!

Then it was Friday - our shopping day! I'm not really into the getting up at 3 a.m. thing - I mean really the sales aren't that good. I did, however, find myself up and in the shower at 5:30. Whoa. By the time the troops were ready and all aboard it was 7:30 (we had to wait on my middle sister who turned out to regret her decision to get up and go shopping with us. Go figure.) I got half of my list scratched off, would have gotten more but the sister just mentioned was making us crazy.

Then it was Saturday - an in-law family reunion. Oh fun. Another early morning, I had to get my rear end out of bed at 6 a.m. This time not so excited. We didn't know there were going to be 18 stops on the way there. (We could have slept another 2 hours and still beat them there.) One stop was breakfast which was okay I guess despite the fact the hubby knocked his jumbo sweet tea all over my lap. Good thing I chose the dark jeans. I ended up just a little sticky. It was a good laugh. And, for the record, the next time the hubby suggest we tag along in someone else's vehicle I'll beat him. I will. Thank goodness his cousin, the host, had a great bottle of wine there. That got me through the afternoon and allowed me to deal with the crazy family members.

Sunday was our usual Sunday activities followed by a trip to the store to get something non-turkey for dinner. The hubby mowed the yard one last time and cleaned out the garage. By 8:30, the three of us were all so ready for bed.

6 Comments:

Blogger Marisa said...

Why is it that the hubby's always insist on riding in other people's cars??? Can you beat mine after you are done yours? LOL

Sounds like quite the holiday weekend. Glad you survived, and BONUS! on the great bottle of vino. ;-)

1:21 PM

 
Blogger Me said...

Sounds like our weekend! We were whooped too! Glad the cheesecake turned out good. Hope you got the rest of it okay :) Mine turned out scrumptious too :)

10:09 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

glad you had a good time!!

9:32 AM

 
Blogger Choppzs said...

I was never one to venture out the day after T-day!!! My husband however decided to try it for the first time last year (he didn't believe me when I told him it was HELL) and he decided he would never do it again! lol I do however, have my shopping done via Amazon.com lol So I am set!!!

I guess I am the only one that didn't try to make my sister's cheesecake recipe! lol But she will have to make it for me when she comes out in a week and a half!! lol she has to help out little sis when she is prego!!!! lol

Glad your holiday went well, now get some rest!

11:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
Illinois car prices debt free program Nextel ringbones free 730 ring tones

7:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

12:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home