God Bless his sweet heart!

Friday, December 30, 2005

I'm here...somewhere...

Thought I better pop in even though my blogging mood is not great.

Christmas was wonderful. So. Much. Fun. Exactly what I imagined. The baby girl loaded up on so much great stuff. I think we now own every talking, singing, noise making toy there is - for her age anyway. I trip on them alot. I'm now on a hunt for a toy box and book shelf!

The funk that's had me distant started on Wednesday, the 28th. I talked to the hubby that morning as I always do. He mentioned news of a fatal car accident had happend near our house involving a car and a semi. Just after hanging up a news announcement said the driver of the car had been killed instantly. I just had that feeling in the pit of my stomach that this was going to be someone I knew, or directly affect someone I knew. Sadly, both of that was true. Less than an hour after hearing the news reports I got a call from a childhood fried. It was one of our childhood friends, she was gone. It was her 23rd birthday, she was killed on her birthday - she was driving home from work.

I've had a lump in my throat for days. I felt numb yesterday, standing in Target, looking for sympathy cards for her parents, brother and sister-in-law. That is hard, very hard. Tomorrow I will be attending her funeral. That will prove to be the hardest. She was a beautiful person. I will always remember her.

12 Comments:

Blogger {LyndsD} said...

Oh sweetie I am so sorry to hear that. I don't know what to say.

I am here for you if you want to vent, cry, talk whatever. I know we don't know each other outside of here but I am still here for you.

I will definitely be saying an extra prayer for you and all of her friends and family for strength and peace during this time. Again I am so sorry.

{{HUGE HUGS!!!}}

2:49 PM

 
Blogger Marisa said...

I thought you were scarce because it was the holidays. I never imagined that it was because of something so tragic.

I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you from way over here. :-)

4:00 PM

 
Blogger Kari said...

You'll be in our thoughts here too. I had a similar thing happen today although it wasn't someone I know directly. A kid I work with (he's 20) his mom had a siezure the day before Christmas Eve and he left work in a hurry to meet her and his dad at the hospital. Today he came in and she was in a coma and finally passed last night. This poor kid! He's only 20 and he just lost his mom for Chirstmas! I'm in tears and I don't even know him that well. On top of all that he just found out last week that his Ex girlfriend, that he just broke up with, it preggo! With his baby! Oh my!
You'll all be in my prayers tonight and all the families that have lost a loved one so close to the holidays.

9:34 PM

 
Blogger Crista said...

I'm just so very sorry. Sending you ((hugs)).

9:48 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

So sorry. You and your friends and their families will be in my thoughts and prayers

8:47 PM

 
Blogger Mama Duck said...

There are no words to express just how crappy that is.

You are in my thoughts.

9:34 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

Kari, my love. You know my parayers are with you but wanted to give you another hug.

11:40 PM

 
Blogger Spikey1 said...

Im deeply sorry for the tragedy. Why does bad things happen to good people? Hugs.

8:47 AM

 
Blogger Me said...

I'm so sorry. I know exactly how you feel since I lost a great friend of mine a few years ago. Hang in there sweety. We're all here for you.

10:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was this friend best friends with a Carrie Shupp (not sure what her married name is now.) That story sounds very familiar. What a small, small world.

Rach

5:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

10:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! aston martin tysons Mesotherapy in miami debt help G topamax as a weight loss drug Shopping+cart+seat+cover

11:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home