God Bless his sweet heart!

Friday, July 22, 2005

What not to say to the hubby..

If you are a collection agency, calling regarding a bill for his wife's gallbladder surgery at 3 weeks post partum, I suggest you not tell him he needs to get out his Visa. Because, they did last night and his reply was, well - not friendly, we'll just put it that way.

Now let me explain. First, we pay our bills. Second, we've been paying that bill. Apparently, not as fast as the freaking, rude billing department would have liked. I knew it was coming, they (the hospital) had called being nasty because the bill wasn't being paid in full, we were sending partial payments. I told them they could get over it, take what I send and that their bill would be paid. Get the picture? Well, now they reported it to collections and the collection agency rep decided she would get nasty with me on the phone. After ending that call, I was so frustrated and angry with that woman, I ended up in tears. The hubby came home to me in tears and that pisses him off.

Long story short, I previously worked for a lawyer. Hubby's mother just so happens to be that lawyer's paralegal. So we simply had them send a letter regarding the situation. Well, apparently that nasty representative that thought she was going to scare me into putting that balance on my Visa didn't like that so she called last night and the hubby answered and dealt with her. Needless to say, the call didn't last long, and she is no longer harassing me or the hubby. The balance of that bill is not on my Visa either, thank you very much.

Did I mention I hate the hospital where my gallbladder operation took place, and would have been much better off at the hospital I delivered the baby girl at?

3 Comments:

Blogger Mama Duck said...

That's sucky that they were annoying you. And yes, never underestimate the power of an attorney's name on a piece of letterhead to get a job done.

Amazing.

6:46 PM

 
Blogger {LyndsD} said...

Oh that sucks! I'm sorry... hopefully they won't be calling back at all. We have had problems like that too. Good job guys with putting her in her place! :o)

7:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Migraine headache headache relief sinus headache p mapping pda software Fat black lesbians hot point washer will not fully agitate Try online forex trading forex trading currency exchange foreign historical rate Ice makers commercial iron dress form Jeff stryker stable blowjob Calcium citrate and protonix

12:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home