God Bless his sweet heart!

Saturday, January 21, 2006

One Year

Babygirl,

Just one year ago you made your grand entrance into this world, into our lives. In more ways than one this year has flown by; in other ways not so much, beacause I have truly made the effort to soak in every moment of everyday.

I spent so long preparing for your birth. I knew I would love you. I knew you would make me smile, cry and laugh. I knew you would be ours, our baby girl. But, until that very moment at 4:29 a.m. a year ago, I didn't fully understand just how much love I could gain for one, tiny person in the matter of just a few seconds. People tell you over and over, how much you will love your child. You believe them, you know its true; but, you can't fully comprehend the meaning of that love until you experience that moment, of becoming a mother or father, for your very own.

I waited so long for you. Believe me when I say that. There were days that I thought you'd never come. There were days when you couldn't come fast enough. Then one day you were here. One day I was a mother. You turned me into the person, the mommy, that I always dreamed of being.

When you were a newborn I spent hour after hour just holding you. You were so precious, calm and peaceful. You soon learned to smile and coo, then you were crawling and pulling up, then there was standing and soon to be walking. Every day is bright and new. Everyday an adventure.

You have brought me so much joy, love, and laughter. I can only imagine what's to come. Your wonderful smile, blue eyes, and sweet, charming personality brighten every day. As your first year comes to a close, I only can hope and dream that every one to come is just as bright.

Thank you, angel baby - for being my baby girl.

Happy 1st Birthday.

I love you,
Mommy


Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

6 Comments:

Blogger Marisa said...

Awww, that is so beautiful.

Happy 1st Birthday, baby girl!

And happy "birth" day, Kari. :-)

1:46 PM

 
Blogger Kether said...

Happy birthday babygirl!

Hope ya'll had a wonderful party!

7:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet...Happy Birthday to baby girl, and Happy 12 months of mommyhood to you!

9:42 PM

 
Blogger Me said...

Happy birthday honey!!!

What a great letter to baby girl! That's something to print out and put in her baby book!

11:11 PM

 
Blogger Misti said...

T says happy happy birthday!!
*dance*
Its so great that we get to share such a special day.

7:23 PM

 
Blogger Choppzs said...

Happy B-day!!! I hope your day is wonderful and full of goodies and presents!!

8:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home