God Bless his sweet heart!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Way Back Wednesday: Not forgotten

I've been a Way Back Wednesday slacker for some weeks now. This due to the fact of my lack of Way Back Wednesday material, since my parents still have all the good stuff. I was excited to find a picture for this week's assignment in the one book I have, so here we go.

This week, The Kept Woman, wants us to get a little serious as we'll share pictures of those who we've lost through death or those we've simply lost contact with.



This is my Great-Granny from my mother's side. (I'm the little one being held by my Papa, my Granny to his left, my Great-Granny, my Mom and my Dad.) She is the only Great-Grandparent I ever met in my lifetime. Most of them were already gone before I came along. I was very young but I remember a few Christmas trips and seeing her sitting in "her chair" smiling - that's about all I can remember other than pictures. From what my Mom tells me, my Granny is just like her and knowing that tells me she was an amazing woman.

I don't have any photos of my Dad's Grandmother. But, I specifically remember the night my Grandmother got the call from South Carolina that she was gone. We lived next door at the time and that moment we went over and I saw my Grandmother's face buried in a pillow crying is what I always see first when I think about my Great-Grandmother's death.

Although, I don't have a picture handy. I recently lost a childhood friend in a tragic accident in December. I still see her face. I remember those fun, childhood times. They won't go forgotten.

Did you play???

8 Comments:

Blogger The Egel Nest said...

What a cute little bonnet thing you got goin' on there!

Nice story and picture...and I am glad you are back in the WBW game :)

I Played

Bradley
The Egel Nest

11:04 AM

 
Blogger Kami said...

Aw, Great-Granny was a cutie-pie. :)

2:16 PM

 
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

That is nice that you at least got to meet one of your great grandparents!
I never got to meet mine.

3:01 PM

 
Blogger Ashley said...

Aw! You were a cute baby!

4:40 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I remember reading that post about your friend.

I'm glad you at least have the memory of your Great-Granny smiling!

7:53 PM

 
Blogger Spikey1 said...

I did a Great Granny pic too! Nice post.

9:16 AM

 
Blogger Me said...

This is a good one. I haven't played yet, but I will.

You were too cute in your little bonnet!

4:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Ativan advanced course path for mcse study Snow bunny cumshots victorias secret discontinued bras large size lingerie Merchant bank account new york Womens ben sherman coats

6:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home